Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So much to catch up on

Hi everyone, I know it's been so long since I posted. I've got so much to share and so little time to do it. Below is a layout that I did for our Friday morning crop at Stampin and Scrappin Time. Kathy let me teach and this is the page I taught. It was a lot of fun to be up there helping others, but a lot of work too, I give all you teaches out there lots of kudos for all the work you do. Esp. Kathy from Stampin and Scrappin Time she creates a unique layout for us each week!!!


The flowers are made out of patterned paper and flower punches in different sizes. I just punched them spritzed them with a little water and then crumpled them up. After uncrumpling them I took some ink pads that would match the paper the flowers were punched out of and ran the ink pad over them to make the creases stand out. The stems were just made out of green patterned paper that I distressed and inked the edges and kinda just rolled them in to give them dimension. The leaves were stamped with a hero arts leave stamp on to some pages out of a book with green ink and then I cut them out and kinda crumpled them up as I glued them on. The background was made with lemon glimmer mist and lily pad glimmer mist. Then inked the edges with my pool paint dauber. The journal block is Prima and the "Enjoy" tag is the back of a tim holtz tag that I stamped with the word enjoy. Captured Memories is from a Close to My Heart Stamp set that was a special they had a few years ago. The pic is of my oldest sister and I last summer at a family party.

Here is a pic of my baby who isn't so much a baby any more, here he was at just one year old.



And here he is in one of his senior pics, so grown up, I can't believe it. Time just goes so fast!


This was his senior ball with his Girlfriend and his 2 closest friends since elementary school. Elias is on the end in black and gold. He had decided to grow his hair out from January so that he could get braids for Prom.




Here is a pic of Elias and Andrea. As crazy as I am I volunteered to host an after the ball party up to our camp for him and 30 of his friends. I know CRAZY, but I have to say that they were all very well behaved I had no problems and Elias did an amazing job of cleaning up after. Needless to say I didn't get to bed that night until like 3AM but it was worth it because I knew where he was and him and his friends were where I could keep them all safe!

Graduation Pics to come next....:)

4 comments:

  1. hey there girlie! glad to see u back! ...and with a sweet page to boot! Your son is a cutie -God Bless... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! your layout is gorgeous and your handmade blooms perfection!!

    Aww, just melted my heart seeing the baby pic of your son and now all grown up!....but they never stop being our babies do they! You must be such an awesome mom hosting the big bash!! Good on you!!

    BTW, your pugs are cuties....one of my girlfriends just got herself a baby pug and is is just crazy for this breed!

    Gabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you the other day! So glad to see back among the bloggers! Fabulous layout and how proud you must be of your handsome son!

    ReplyDelete