Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pug Rescue Donations & Jennifer McGuire Ink Videos

Hi everyone, I wanted to start off by saying I had a fabulous time at the scrapbooking retreat I went to just lots of laughs and the first night we had some Pumking Beer (yummy) and lots of scrappin and fun!

Now my next scrapbooking get away is coming fast the first weekend in November and is a benefit for the Pug Rescue of New England http://pugrescueofnewengland.org/

If anyone is interested in attending there is still spaces available and we'd love to have you join us here you can find all the info http://mylifemypugsmyscrapbook.blogspot.com/2010/09/weekend-crop-to-benefit-pug-rescue.html

Now on to my next request. If anyone out there has any scrapbooking items that they won't use and you'd be willing to donate them to a good cause we are looking for donations of any size to put together raffles. Each year our raffles are one of our hugest money makers at this event. This rescue is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and if you choose to donate something just let me know it's value and you will get a letter emailed to you for a tax deduction. If shipping costs are an issue please let me know and I'd be more than willing to pay for the shipping for anyone that is not local. We need all the help we can get and any donated item no matter the size/cost is greatly appreciated and welcome. Please consider putting your unused items that you think you won't use to help the pugs in need : ). I will need to receive any items by the 27th if possible in order to have time to make up the raffle packages (as the last weekend of this month I'm taking my son on a college visit so will be busy that weekend)

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

**************************************************************************************

Now on to some scrapbooking. I don't know if any of you follow Jennifer McGuire's blog but she makes some fabulous cards and although I'm not a card maker I love some of her techniques. Well she's teaching some online classes for 2peas in a bucket and has some great videos with some awesome techniques that you might want to check out:

here is week 2 : http://jennifermcguireink.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/my-entry.html

and here is week 1: http://jennifermcguireink.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/10/holiday-thinking-inking-has-begun-week-1.html

Wonderful techniques using distress inks love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment