Friday, October 29, 2010

Thank you to Stampin & Scrappin Time & Canvas Layout

So I haven't blogged in over a week. I've had 2 whole weeks of nothing but computer problems at work. And Elias has been tying up the home computer in the evenings doing homework and I've worked several evenings trying to catch up at work when my computer has been working there. So here I am Friday trying to play catch up again : ).

First I want to send out a big thank you to Stampin and Scrappin Time and Kathy for giving a generous donation for our crop next weekend to Benefit the Pug Rescue of New England. You guys are wonderful and always so giving. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Below is a canvas I did of my niece, it is a picture of her when she was sleeping one day when I was watching her.
I used a script stamp that I have is a big wood stamp and painted gesso on it and continued to stamp the background until it was completely covered. Once it was dry, I took crushed shells glimmer mist and sprayed in the center and used I think it was riptide GM on the edges. I also used some acrylic paint on the edges and sprayed with water to make it bleed. Then I painted one of the Donna Downey foam stamps with my acrylic paints and stamped it twice in the center. I then went back with some white gesso and a very fine tip brush and added some white dots to the center of the flowers. The lace was white and I sprayed it with riptide glimmer mist blotted it, dried it then attached it to the page with fabric tac.
The flower was a canvas flower from making memories that I've had, it had a script writing in black on it already, I added my acrylic paint to it and then sprayed water to make it bleed then added some extra paint to the edges to make them darker and then dried it with my heat gun. The tag I used the same foam flower stamp and stamped it in white gesso on the tag dried it then sprayed the center with crushed shells and added some magenta acrylic paint to the edges and sprayed with water to make it bleed and blend.

Here you can see the flower a lot better I added some Prima Pearls to the center. Kinda funny story about these pearls, they were the very first set I ever bought of Prima, I think I got them 2 or 3 years ago it was at a crop that I went to and they had them for sale. Still had some left and they matched perfect : )

No comments:

Post a Comment