Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My layout for the Prima Page Contest

So here is my page, it is a photo of my Parents, that was taken on a cruise. I've been scrapbooking them a lot lately, I think that I just realized that they are getting older and I don't have any pages done of them. I was kind of going for a vintage look here, although I think the photo is only a few years old.
Here I used that piece of textured sand paper that I have painted some white acrylic paint on to in and then layed it over spots that I wanted to have that texture be and just rubbed the back gently with my hand. Lifted it up and placed in another spot and repeated adding more paint as needed to get the look I wanted.

I glimmer misted some of the flowers with walnut gold to give them a little glimmer. Here you can see a close up of my large beautiful Prima flower.


I used that tattered leather glimmer mist on the leaves to tone down the bright green color that they were.



I have no idea why sometimes when I post things they turn sideways on me. Well anyways, happy was painted with black soot crackle paint, then I rubbed some white acrylic paint into the cracks and then spritzed with tattered leather glimmer mist to give it a little shine.




No comments:

Post a Comment