Friday, September 24, 2010

Donna Downey - Layout

So here I snapped a shot of Donna while she was teaching us, she said we could take pics of whatever we wanted : )

Here is the Layout she taught us. The background is canvas with book text printed on it. We started by stamping the flowers on it using acrylic ink and a foam brush to put it on the foam stamp. Everyone else did there with the blue in the center, but I had to be different lol. Once we dried the flowers we took our iron ons and did the flowers first (the blue with the white dots and the inspire are all iron ons)

Then we created our flower, it was a printed canvas flower so we turned it over and inked the edges on opposite side, sprayed it with water and the the color bleed into the flower. Dried it added the center, glued it to our page, added the flower and pearl swirls (both Prima) then we added our photos. I choose to do a sepia copy of the photo of my oldest sister and myself. Since we were using the title inspire. And most people brought photos of themselves with things that they do that inspires them artistically but what came to mind for me is how my oldest sister inspires me. She has been an amazing role model for me growing up and although she probably doesn't know it she was always like a second mom to me. Sometimes when I'm sad or things go wrong all I wish is that she was here to talk to and to hug me. She lives in Cape Cod and so I typically only see her on holidays. She is the superintendent of schools in her area and I'm always so proud of all she's accomplished. She is married to the most wonderful man, who I've been around since I was 1 year old so to me his is as much my brother as my blood brothers are, and I love him dearly. So anyways I took the word inspire to mean someone who Inspires me.


Here you can see the baby's breath iron on flowers a little better, you can't really tell the difference between the iron ons and the stamped ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment