Thursday, September 2, 2010

Vicki Chrisman's Color Challenge

So anyone who follows Vicki's Blog here: http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/ could try her color challenge at home. So I selected no. 1 (I actually wanted to do more than one but I just didn't end up having the time) so I selected the one that gave me the most challenge. Pictured below are the colors that were to be used,
Here is a link to the post she did on color, take a minute to read it, it's actually really interesting! http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-about-color-challenge.html

I'd like to know what are the favorite colors of my blog followers, mine is purple, although I do tend to reach for blues and greens a lot as well. If you have a minute post your fav color in the comments section here.

Now on to my challenge, surprisingly I actually had just bought some of this paper I used, from We B Scrappin and so was excited when I saw that they had included the colors for my color challenge.


I used 2 page maps from the Close to my heart "originals" layout book. I really like this book because it gives really simple and easy layouts without a lot of cutting. And then you can add to it whatever you want but just gives you the basic design. And of course gives you the cutting dimensions which I always nice. Thanks to taking scrapbook classes in the past with Karen Barber, Close to my Heart Consultant, I've learned to use a ruler, haha, and more importantly how to use the ruler on my cutter : ).

The brown monkey's is a patterned paper that I cut in half and the back of it was the brown that you see next to it on the same layout. I adhered both pieces to a piece of neutral card stock. I attached a piece of blue ribbon down the center then the green over it. The green has like a circle pattern in it, it's kinda cool. Then I had one piece of patterned paper that had borders on it, so I cut the Monkey strip and used it for a border across the top, lucky for me the paper had 2 strips of the monkey border so I could use it on the adjoining layout. I cut matching green card stock paper to mount my photos on. I used my creative memories circle cutter for the photo at the top and the card stock it's mounted on. The monkey in the circle I used a card stock sticker from October Afternoon, cut a circle to fit inside the green border it had then embossed a stamped monkey on the orange paper with CTMH cocoa embossing powder. The "you make me smile" in the center is a rub on that I put on another card stock sticker from October Afternoon.
Of course I only bought ONE (scrapbooking faux pas) of the monkey paper. Mainly because I didn't really know if I'd use it but I really like it lol. So I created my own monkey paper here. I used this really cute stamp set from Close to My heart called It's a Zoo and you can find it here:
https://karenbarber.myctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=4574&CatalogID=145 they have some other cute animal ones too but this one is my fav. The animals are great for kids cards, I used the giraffe for a baby card, just really cute!
So I used my new Tim Holtz embossing pad(don't know why I never had this pad before always used versamark) but I LOVE this pad, it's so juicy and really gives you time to get your embossing powder down! I used CTMH's star spangled blue embossing powder and just stamped my little monkey randomly. The card stock I used was a textured so the Monkey didn't come out perfectly embossed in everyone but I kinda like it like that.

This square was a die cut that I bought came in a pkg of 12 for each month of a babies first year. The brads are doodle bug that I've had for quite awhile just waiting for something special to use them on. The corner piece is another card stock sticker.

I used several little Making Memories clips on the papers, I really like them they are tiny and cute!
The animals you see in the background were cut out of some patterned paper I have. The wild and crazy is stamped on another October Afternoon card stock sticker. The Mischief is a rub on and the orange is just a circle cut out of card stock put on top of another card stock sticker.

5 comments:

  1. So so CUTE!! Awesome job on the color challenge!! Thanks for playing along Sherry... I love your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry- ADORABLE- this must have been so much fun! :) What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout, the colors and design flow so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what fabulous layouts.. the colors are perfect for these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies! It was so much fun, I was really happy I was able to play along!! : )

    ReplyDelete