Monday, July 26, 2010

Bo Bunny and Recycling




This was a fun page to make because I reused some packaging that I had been holding on to for awhile. My base is a dot cardstock from Bo Bunny, and I layered over it a partially used sheet of cutouts. I curled over one corner so you could see some more of the dot paper. I took this piece of packaging that I had from the chip board baby book I made for my friend. It has pretty flowers all over it and like a little boarder, it was just too nice to throw away. I distressed the edges of it with my distress ink (vintage photo) and ripped up some of the edges a little more, I placed my photo in the center of it. My "tag" or title spot comes from some packaging as well, a couple weeks ago I bought some dish towels @ Wegmans and the label on them was this piece above with the twill ribbon thru it. I flipped the label over and re-threaded it thru the label then wrote on it with a black pen my title. I distressed the edges a little with my vintage photo and there you go a free title spot. Or you could have added lines and used it as a journal spot as well or even decorated it up more and just used it as an accent. Lucky for me I bought a few packs of these towels so I have a couple more labels I can play with. I challenge all of you to take something that you would never dream of using in your scrapbook and turn it into something useful and beautiful. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment