Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Camp Update

So we picked the colors that the outside of the camp will be painted. We went with a green which is Dan's fav color (I got to pick the inside colors that I wanted). It's kind of an earthy green that's the only way I can really describe it it's not too dark or super bright just earthy. And we selected an accent color of like a honey brown, also very earthy. I didn't want it to look like a HOUSE even though I really is, I wanted it to have a more camp feel so tried to stick with the earth tones. And the trim around the windows will be an almond color to match the screen doors. I picked out a stain for the deck it was actually called butternut, it's a brown or tan with yellow undertones and I think will look really good with the colors of the camp. And the best part is that it's getting painted this week, YIPPEE!!!!

Our next project for camp is to do the landscaping. After putting the deck on last year the landscaping never really got done as it just got too much into the summer and it's really better to plant flowers and bushes in the spring or fall. So we will tackle that next. Which is something I love to do!! I love planting flowers and taking care of them I just wish I had more time to do it.

Oh and we decided to go ahead with the sun room and porch so that will be started in 2 weeks. Dogs are gonna just love having people pounding at the house all day while they are trying to sleep lol. I will have to just keep reminding them that they will have their own doggie door just like up to camp when they get finished : )

No comments:

Post a Comment